DIPLOMA IN GENDER AND DEVELOPMENT COURSE
There is growing global attention for the understanding of gender issues as they relate to development. This interest has gone beyond the analysis of gender differences to assessing the impact of gender disparities in relation to national and community development..
Many development experts have noted that Sustainable Development Goals cannot be attained without putting into perspective issues related to gender inequalities. This course therefore will try to critique and explore the impact of those disparities to development noting that gender equality issues touch all the areas of development such as politics, education, water, health and economics etc
The course offered via distance learning will endeavor to promote gender mainstreaming in various development institutions to reduce gender inequalities in the whole continuum of development.
At the end of the course, the participants will be equipped with analytical and conceptual knowledge and skills required to understand gender issues enabling them to play a greater role in gender and development planning and programming, research, policy making and programme interventions.
The following are the course objectives:
· To expose participants to gender and development issues
· To create understanding of how gender issues impact on development in theory and practice at the local and Netherlands levels
· To impart skills for analyzing gender issues, policies, plan projects and implement interventions
· To create gender consciousness in the planning and the implementation of development programmes and influence gender policies at all levels of development at both local, national and Netherlandsly
· Introduction to Gender and Development
· Gender and Human Rights
· Gender and Media
· Gender and Law
· Gender and Education
· Gender and Peace building
· Gender and Politics
· Gender and Economic Development
Project officers, Project Managers and other development practitioners with interest in gender issues
Course Begins on 1st of every month for Six Months.
Course Level: Diploma Course
Cost: Amount USD 800
To register for this course, kindly contact